Hope and Fear

Stories archived that are no longer relevant.
Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Sheilis Delana
Character Race: Rune Elf
Character's Profession: warrior
Character's Age: 175

Re: Hope and Fear

Post by Sheilis Delana »

Sheilis's eyes stayed for a few moments on his niece, still shocked to see her alive and well. He thought since his sister, the one that had been her mother in the dream had died, she had died as well, or never been born. Perhaps she hadn't, there were a few who just came to this world from the other dream, maybe she was one of those.

His attention turned back to his Lord, the battle against Ammon had been before he had become a shard. He didn't frown, but his eyes darkened slightly as he processed his Lord's plan and finally slightly nodded. "Force the demon's hand, what little would be left would be easy enough to handle."

His eyes focused on Lady Nia, and he saw her discomfort, and he took a step closer before pausing and paying attention to Minari for a few moments, memorizing her face and her look. While that would be normal for Sheilis, the unsure look in his eyes was not he was very curious about this woman but there was no time to even attempt to satisfy it now.

Minari's face memorized as well as the sound of her voice, he turns his attention back to the matters at hand. "Walking in head first would be bold, but not sure how wise," he looked to his lord but was silent as he waited for his lords thoughts.
Minari
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Minari
Character Race: Namaran
Character's Profession: Healer/Outcast
Character's Age: Appears 20s
Runic Element: Air

Post by Minari »

Minari watched everyone's reactions to everyone else. While Tann was the only one she knew, she was accepting of the woman being his love. So in her mind, Lie'Ania was safe as well.
As to the others, she was still a little leery. Tiana she had met, but was still unsure of because other than her pledge to Tann, she knew hardly anything about the woman. And Sheilis, she watched him watch her and knew they would either come to be great friends, or great enemies. But for now, Tann and Lie'Ania were the main priority for them both. So, she would leave her curiosity for another time.
Looking back to Tann, she cocked her head. "So I am to go to the dragon and plead what, exactly? That he come out of his hiding place and fight on your behalf? You say you do not want him to fire scorch the place. So what would you ask me to have him do?" She had not been around in the 'sleeping world' and knew nothing of the characters in that life. So while a few scattered sentences could rally the others to a cause she knew nothing of, a simple phrase of 'rally him to our cause' was not sufficient for her to make heads or tails of.
Modify message
Tannhauser NaDir
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Tannhauser Na'Dir
Character Race: elf
Character's Profession: high elf and king
Character's Age: appears in his late 30's
Runic Element: Air

Post by Tannhauser NaDir »

Tann turned to Minari and chuckled, it was so like her. He fondly recalled how she'd try to talk reason to him when he wanted to play adventurer in some ruin. It was the same tone, the same voice. "No Minari, I doubt he'd stir to fight for me." He sighed, "He believes himself to be cursed and transformed into a demon and therefore that is how he is. He'd not stir to war for one he barely knows. He would think it wise to bury himself deeper."

Tann walked over toward Tiana, "But T'Zen does love his family. He may stir and come to his niece's aide. For her, he would fight. For her, he could remember his true self." Tann turns back to Minari, "If you can help him to remember, much like you have helped me."

Tann turns back to Tiana, "I'd not wish for you to be captured... You would maybe need to go willingly." The nephilim interjected, "They'd not be able to lay a hand on the lady without incurring His wraith. I have already prayed, it has been heard."

Tannhauser raised an eyebrow at that and turned his attention back to Tiana, "So, there you have it. Bring fear to Amon. Get him to leave." Tann walks to the boarded window, "We will be watching from here, ready to give whatever aide that we can should things turn south." He grabs a board, "Sheilis, would you give me a hand?"

The nephilim approached Minari, "Are you ready?" She smiled, "Worry not, it is as painless as walking."
Tiana
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Name: Tiana Delana Mercleis
Character Race: Dracokin
Character's Profession: Unknown
Character's Age: 39
Runic Element: Fire

Post by Tiana »

Tiana nodded her head at Tann's words, murmuring "past and future, family is forever."

Tiana's eyes turned to the woman that Tann was speaking to and glanced over at her uncle, noticing he was also paying a lot of attention to the woman.  She mentally smiled to herself but said nothing of what she was thinking.  Her attention turned back to the conversation going on around her, and she nodded, satisfied.

"Very well, I guess it is time to arrange a meeting."  She placed her cloak on the table next to the bed, and her hand lingered on it for a moment, before withdrawing it and she gave a slight bow to Lady Nia, and then one to Tann, "we shall be speaking again soon."

With that she went out the door and down the stairs, those in the main floor of the inn if there were dreamers amongst them they would recognize Tiana, others would just see a Dracokin with oversized wings but the way she held herself and the presence felt around her as she walked, they would move out of her way and know she was someone strong and noble.

AS she exited she passed the ex-rube and she paused, "keep Tann and his lady safe." She glanced over her shoulder for a moment, "and keep Sheilis on his toes," she said that last part with a smirk on her face, it was clear she had affection for the old elf.  She focused back on him, "also, be ready, things are about to get interesting."  She placed her hand on the door frame and for a few seconds there was a glow before it faded.  The shield that protected the Inn strengthened slightly, she didnt knwo the magic, but energy was energy, a bit more in was useful and she didnt want any one here to get injured.

She took a deep breath and started forward, towards the Cathedral that had been pointed out to her and soon she was out of the illusion shield and could be plainly seen.  "I wonder how long it'll take to get a reaction?" she murmured to herself.  She strode forward, her steps sure and no fear, "Oh Amon!  I come to seek an audience with you, will you be so kind as to grant me the pleasure?  Or shall I just drop in?"

Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Sheilis Delana »

As Sheilis heard Minari accept his lord's request, he found himself wanting to say something.  He held it back, as it was not the time or the place for such.  He focused on what his lord and Tiana spoke about and watched as his niece lingered over her cloak.  As Tann asked for a hand he was already moving forward to help clear the boards from the window.

As they finished pulling the boards off he could see his niece walking towards the cathedral and he frowned.  He hoped this idea would work, as he heard the nephilim speak he murmured to Minari before he realized it, "safe travels."
LieAnia
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Lie'Ania Na'Dir
Character Race: Elven
Character's Profession: Ex Queen
Character's Age: unknown
Runic Element: Water

Post by LieAnia »

LieAnia watched and listened. As her husband set up the details of things to come, she slowly moved away to sit at one of the chairs at the small table in the corner.

Her mind reeled at the things that had occurred since waking. So little had happened for so very long, that everything occurring in the last couple days was leaving her light headed and worried. She stared at Tann and a light smile lit her face. Here was the king she remembered. He always knew what to do.

The trouble was... Where did she fit in, now?
mythus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mythus »

Amon walks into the square, towering over Tiana by several feet, his white hair contrasting against his burnt demon flesh and black armor. A dozen demons accompany him. Amon tosses forward the head of a dark elf, "Welcome Legend whore, I've brought you a present. Meet Arangoth, who dared to defy me to protect my enemies." He laughs, "What, don't you like it? I'm sore the elf bitch will love it!"

A demon snapped, "He asked you a question, bitch." He reached forward and grabbed Tiana's arm roughly, and the very sky quaked. A powerful voice carried upon the winds, "SHE IS NOT YOUR'S TO DEFILE" and a powerful blast of lightening shoots down into the demon that touched Tiana, causing him to explode violently. The bolt arcs through the other demons quickly  exploding them, causing Amon to teleport out away in pure terror. The bolt shoots through town, destroying the cathedral that the enemy had occupied, then fizzled out.

After the destruction ended the clouds parted and sunlight bathed the town. Tannhauser and others stared in shock and disbelief at the spot Tiana had stood, she was no longer there. The nephilim cried out in terror of the massive amount of wrath she felt, "He did say none shall touch her..."

OOC: Tiana, you have been teleported to the thread The Awakening...
Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Sheilis Delana »

Sheilis watched and mentally frowned, though outward the same stoic calm expression was on his face, his niece was surrounded. He knew she was a good fighter, and that the Nephlim said she would not be harmed, but these were demons, they diddn't fallow good conduct battle rules,  Of course, neither did men really, it was why war was so harsh.

Lightening flashed and the cathedral collapsed, but Tiana was gone, he moved at that point, turning away from the window.  There was nothing he could do for his niece except pray to the powers that would listen she was safe.  His eyes fell on his lady, and he stepped forward to her, "what comes next we will need our queen," a faint smile played across his face, "the one who told us to make sure we slept, cared for our wounds and our fears.  The people downstairs have lived in fear, a fear you would be familiar with and truly know how to comfort."