Hope and Fear

Stories archived that are no longer relevant.
LieAnia
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Lie'Ania Na'Dir
Character Race: Elven
Character's Profession: Ex Queen
Character's Age: unknown
Runic Element: Water

Re: Hope and Fear

Post by LieAnia »

Nia took the golden plate in one hand and looked down at Tann. How was the plate supposed to help?

The edge of her lip slid between her teeth in nervousness as she moved to the side of the bed the woman had been on and went to her knees. "Tann, nin faer. Come back to us. We need you." Her voice hitched and she shook her head slightly. "I need you."

Without thinking, she settled the plate on his chest. With one hand resting on it absently, her other hand rose to brush a strand of hair from his temple. "Please, beloved," she whispered. "Please come back to me."

She closed her eyes and leaned over to kiss him. Just then a warmth filled her and she inhaled a quick gasp as her lips met his. It was as if a circuit had been completed. Her hand on the plate, resting over his heart, and her lips on his as she touched his cheek, caused something to happen.

A small, whimper was her only sound before she slumped over his body... unconscious.
Tannhauser NaDir
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Tannhauser Na'Dir
Character Race: elf
Character's Profession: high elf and king
Character's Age: appears in his late 30's
Runic Element: Air

Post by Tannhauser NaDir »

Neither Tannhauser had a chance to respond to Minari, though what could either say really? As the warrior Tann stared in thought, he felt something, familiar, and before he could react he had Lie'Ania in his arms, her lips pressed against his. 

The regal Tannhauser bowed slightly, " So it would seem that you are the victor. I will take my leave. " 

The other Tann, not letting go of his beloved, looked back at the regal one, " I... I do not want you to go... " He turns back to his soul mate, ". .. but I must awaken for her. If only I knew if my prayer was heard... "

" Truly I say unto you, " a voice came from where the spectator boy once stood in the shadows, " to not loose fate, for I've been here this whole encounter. " Where the boy once stood now floated a figure in black tattered cloaks carrying a twisted staff. He came upon Minari, " Remember what I have said. The way here is reason, love, and sacrifice. You have come bearing all three, but now your job here is done. Awaken, forest mother, and prepare. " He taps her head with the head of his staff, sending her from Tann's mind-realm.

The figure then makes his way to the duo Tannhausers and Lie'Ania, " I know of Tannhauser's wish. Though neither could have known, this one seems to have some memory. At once there were twins, one born awake and another asleep, and though they were identical, cousins were they and brothers not. The sleeping one was young prince Tannhauser, the awake one was lord Taaron. Of course the royal family needed their successor to be in the world of the living and not trapped in a curse, so the grandfather, a trained necromancer, killed the prince and they took the cousin as their own. "

The figure goes to the regal one, " You shall be reborn, flesh a new, into the life that was meant for you. Do not forget your cousin's generosity, and when the time comes, come to his aide. "

The figure then goes back to the warrior Tann and Lie'Ania, " Now, before I send you from here you must make the choice. Wish with your mind that which you may. You could awaken with your beloved, as he knew you and you knew yourself. You would have your love, but ever would you be in fear for Zodo would know you true and though Taal would try none can resit Him. Or you could regain yourself the body you just left, not known and forgotten. No longer would you have your love, but no one would know you, including your husband, and including Zodo. " 

Tannhauser turns and looks deep in Lie'Ania's eyes, " It is ok if you desire the later. I know your love for me and you know my love for you. If you choose the first, I'll protect you always as always you've protected me. If you choose the later, at least you would know peace. But whatever your choice, no god can come between the love that we share. "
Minari
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Minari
Character Race: Namaran
Character's Profession: Healer/Outcast
Character's Age: Appears 20s

Post by Minari »

Minari didn't even have a chance to react to the appearance of a lonely elf woman in Tann's arms. With their lips pressed together, she saw it happen...Tann was whole and complete once more.

She blinked a couple times to keep back the tears. Her heart was split between joy for his love once more being with him, and his identity being complete, and pain at having lost her precious Sprout.

As the vision coalesced and a man stepped forth, she turned in time to hear herself being praised. But before she could respond, she disappeared.

Blinking tears off her lashes as she sat up, she used the back of her hand to clear the moisture from her cheeks. She startled at the presence of so many newcomers. "Who are you?" Her words were edged with both fear and determination. A protective hand went out to rest in Tann, but landed on Nia's arm.

Turning to view the woman, she frowned. "Is that her? His Queen? She looked different in... in there." With Nia's head turned away from her, she didn't see the tears on the woman's face that matched the dream version of her.
LieAnia
Survivor
Survivor

Post by LieAnia »

Nia realized she was standing up a second after her lips touched her sleeping lover. Leaving back enough to gaze up, she saw Tann's smiling face and broke into tears. She clutched him as tightly as she has the first time she been back in his arms after suffering at the mercy of Taal Zodo. That was another lifetime ago, but the emotions of joy and reunion were no less.

She choked out his name over and over in a litany between sobs. His gentle touch on her soon eased her enough to listen to the speaker talk to the Namari. Once the startled woman disappeared, she listened to the story of Tann and his cousin. Her own heart and that in this life Tann had been slain because of the sleeping death.

When at least the man came to get and spoke the choices, a deathlike grip tightened on Tann's shirt. She wasn't about to let him go. Even as he assured her nothing could to their love asunder, she felt tears once more and vehemently shook her head. "NO! I won't leave you. I just found you. I don't care if Zodo knows. We've fought Him before. Sheilis is here as well. We will rebuild the Shards. I'm at your side. That's all that matters!" She looked at the man before Tann could object. "I'll do it. I want to be by his side. I don't care who knows."

The determination in her voice was a contradiction to the white knuckle clutch she still on Tann's shirt and the shake her body held as fear gripped her like a vice at the thought of losing Tannhauser.
Tiana
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Name: Tiana Delana Mercleis
Character Race: Dracokin
Character's Profession: Unknown
Character's Age: 39
Runic Element: Fire

Post by Tiana »

Tiana glanced at the stra ge Namarian as he spoke of no servants to Zodo and glanced back at the dark night, ah, no servants, but a slave," she murmured.

She frowned as the namarian knelt to one knee. "Stand up before I pull you up by your ears," she snipped, her eyes snapping with fire. She turned them back to the dark knight as he spoke and slowly turned away.

"Wait," she called, "the one you must serve won't strike me down for fear of his masters host wrath, but to capture and hold me in a cage to make sure his lord comes to be he would do." She was quiet a moment, "I came here seeking information and perhaps a few spies but I know the later would be the hardest to achieve for fear of betrayal and the punishment.".She reached out and touched his arm, a small glow encompassing her hand and seemed to absorb through his armor into his arm, "may that bring some peace, and allow for repayment. "

She said nothing more but turned back to the namarian, "since you know who I am, you are from the sleep world. Only those stuck here or have pressing need come to Maya, what is it for you?"
Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Sheilis Delana
Character Race: Rune Elf
Character's Profession: warrior
Character's Age: 175

Post by Sheilis Delana »

Sheilis stayed silent at the exchange between the young girl and Lie'Ania. He knew the choice she would make though it worried him. As she placed a kiss on his lips he came a step further into the room only to see her slump into seemingly a faint.

He kept himself still, not rushing to her side though a part of him wanted desperately, as much to help her but to help his lord. A moment and a breath later the woman who had been across him stirred and sat up.

Sheilis was stunned for a moment, not because she was a great beauty, though she was pretty, her stance of protecting his lord and tone struck a chord deep within him he had thought long broken and dead. He mentally shook it off and answered.

"I am Sheilis Delana, Shard and sworn protector to Lady LieAnia and Lord Tannhauser." He looked over at his lord and lady a moment, "atleast it was that way in the dream. I still serve my lady, having searched long and hard for her and hope to serve my lord, if he wishes. If he does not, " Sheilis shrugged, "I will accept that."

He sighed, "she is his lady from the Dream, as it was before, and a stronger love i have not seen." He focused on the namarian woman, "who are you?"
Tannhauser NaDir
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Tannhauser Na'Dir
Character Race: elf
Character's Profession: high elf and king
Character's Age: appears in his late 30's

Post by Tannhauser NaDir »

Tann gasped a little, though to tell the truth, he wasn't entirely surprised. Yes, he acknowledged deep within himself that she could well have chosen the later. Most who have lived her life, dealt with what she did would have. Zodo was an evil unlike any other, an evil that lingers - waiting to prance upon you when you are the least suspecting. The panic attacks, the constant looking over your shoulder, the fears, and the feeling of being less of a person - these were all after effects of surviving the worst kind of atrocity. Many would point to the serial killer or the tyrant, or even the embodiment of chaos Joasri as the great evils, but none of those could hold a candle to the very definition of evil.

But alas, Lie'Ania had never been just any other woman. She was a warrior, a survivor, and a queen through and through. Legend was only the physical representation of what she and many others like here truly were, the blades of Kymara Sol Anon, the weapon that can harm and even defeat Zodo. Tannhauser knew this from the first moment that he held Legend in the dream, and he understood it even more standing here with his wife. It wasn't the blade that was the weapon. It was love, hope, determination, and spirit - these things are the things that Zodo despises for these things are the things he could never possess, and they harm him where no other weapon can.

Caressing her cheeks, Tann mouths an I love you as Spector, pleased with the elf queen's decison, lays his cold hand upon her shoulder. " Queen of the Elfs, " he commanded, " arise now not in that shell you possessed, but as you are now. Command thine great courage as your sword and shield, and make ready to defend husband and friend. Arise now, for the enemy has come, but fear not High Elf,this is not the day I come to take you away. "

Lie'Ania disappeared just as quickly as she had come, now coming to in a form none here in this reality had ever seen. Spector nods at Tann before vanishing, leaving Tann to awaken, as Tannhauser Na'Dir, High Elf of the Elven Race, King of Eleusia, and guardian of the light. 

Back in Reality...

The nephilim jumped back as the elven woman transformed and awoken. Letting out a slight gasp, she lowered her head when the High Elf opened his eyes and sat up from the bed, " Welcome to Maya, Lord Tannhauser. "

Tannhauser immediately grabbed LieAnia, embracing her and kissing her as a lover who had not seen his love in a very long time. He then turned to the nephilim, " Thank you, for your care and protection of us thus far. " He then turns to Minari, " Ah, Planty, " he chuckled, " I am so grateful for you. You've kept me alive and well so that I may come to see this moment, and have come to my aide time and time again. You are a shard, through and through, and a most welcomed friend and advisor. "

Tann stands up and walks over to Sheilis, " Speaking of shards ," he grabs the man by the shoulders and gives him a friendly hug. " It is so good to see you. " He lets go and looks around, " It is good to see you all, but we haven't the time for a reunion. Amon is here, we must drive him away before his evil spreads."
Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Name: Arangoth
Character Race: dark elf
Character's Profession: slave, commander
Character's Age: 80
Runic Element: Fire

Post by Arangoth »

Arangoth pauses and looks at Tiana, his face cold and emotionless, "No my lady, you are mistaken. Amon no longer holds prisoners, and would not risk the opposite with you." He points towards the Cathedral, "There he sits, with the husk of the former lord bishop singing out a perverted sermon that ensares most of who hear it. Those are of whom he feasts, torturing them before eating their very heart in front of them.

Arangoth turns his attention back to Tiana, "He would care not about Taal's wraith, for killing you would help to fuel Zodo's return. Anything to further crack Taal's resolve, Amon would waste no time exploiting. And then, my lady, we would all be doomed, for yes Taal would strike down Amon, and in his anger and guilt Zodo would arise."

Arangoth takes a few steps more, "I know not what you search for, but of what is here I can tell you. Despair blankets all but the Inn, where a nephilim has taken residence. Inside she heals Tannhauser Na'Dir, and possesses the Plate of El Anon. Rael here is one of the elf king's guard." He pauses for a moment, then continues, "Now I've said enough. Now I go to hopefully distract my master. Hopefully it will not be in vain, for I doubt I will see either of you again in the land of the living." He turns and walks off...
Rael
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Rael
Character Race: Mutated Namara*
Character's Profession: vagabond, adventurer
Character's Age: appears to be in his 30's

Post by Rael »

Rael chuckles as he stands, he liked this girl already. His chuckling came to an abrupt end when he heard what Arangoth had to say. Turning to Tiana he sighs, " I do not know if that's what you've come here for or not, but I can tell you that from what I've seen, he is right about Amon. Hopefully we do not have to stay here much longer, for I doubt any of us are ready to clash swords against a demon lord. "

Rael looks around, " Maybe you could still get out of here though? Or at the very least, take shelter in the Inn? " He smiles, " Worry not, I'll not leave it undefended. My lord is in there, as he had said, and I shan't let anyone that doesn't belong, in. "
LieAnia
Survivor
Survivor

Post by LieAnia »

Unaware, yet, that her appearance had altered, she awoke with a start. But as fear was about to creep in and once more threaten her sanity, she felt familiar lips upon her own. Her knees would have buckled had she not already been on them as her arms snaked around the neck of her lover and King. Tears spilled over her cheeks as she wept with the joy of her own mind once more finding itself whole, like her soul, in the arms of her beloved.

When Tann broke the kiss and spoke to the Nimari, she smiled and wiped her tears. The woman her man referred to as 'Planty' was weeping at the sight of Tann once more sitting up in bed and speaking. Whatever this woman had been to him, it hadn't been lover. More like protector. And for that, Nia would owe her more than she could repay.

Unable to do more than rock back on her heels and rest against the wall the bed had been near, she watched as the King once more moved and spoke as she remembered him. Watching Sheilis' reaction was priceless as she saw him remembered in Tann's new eyes. It thrilled her to no end that he had risen from the proverbial ashes to be the Tannhauser she had known and loved her whole life, despite it not having been this life. But they were together now and it was all that mattered.

Glancing at Minari, she smiled. "He named you Shard. That is a grand title to one who wasn't with us in the other life. The Shards were the sworn bodyguards and protectors to my King, and myself. They protected us against all foes and sought us out when our enemies separated us from one another." She wasn't about to go into detail about Taal Zodo and the times Sheilis had come to seek her only to find her wandering, lost and scared, and half out of her mind in pain and madness at what she had endured. "Should you choose to, you are welcome to join us and continue in protecting him. Though if it has been a burden to you, I understand as well. I cannot imagine what you went through that left you collapsed over his form in this place. But either way, you have my gratitude, and his," she nodded to Tann, "and are welcome to come or go as you wish. I am just sorry we can reward you with nothing more than praise and thankfulness."

She turned to the Nephalim then and smiled. "And to you I owe my life. For in sending me to him, and him coming back, you have saved me as well. As offered to her," she pointed to Minari, "you are welcome to join us if you wish. If I know him, Tann will once more seek his throne and the peace and healing he knows he can bring to the land with such a seat."

As Tann said they could not dally, she finally rose and moved to his side. It was then she realized her gait and hands were not her own. Or rather, not what she remembered being her own when she fell asleep. Lifting her hands to her face, she felt her elf self once more. Ears no longer short and stubbled, and hair that was more the color of her dreams than recent reality. Turning to Sheilis, the shine of tears of hopefulness in her eyes, she shook her head. "I'm me, again. Aren't I?" She glanced around the room seeking a looking glass, no matter how small, to confirm her suspicion that somehow, she and Tann were as they had been in their dream world, two elves of royalty that had sat the thrones and held together the world when it was splitting asunder. And reaching for one another's hands as they world was torn apart and a deep slumber had flashed over them all.

Suddenly she remembered. "Amon! You said he was here. So did Arangoth. We need to protect him and Rael if we can, Tann. They aided us at great peril. Rael has assisted Sheilis nearly since our beginning together, in bringing me to you." She would not burden him at this time with how hard a burden she had been during this trek. Her hand went to his as she touched him, not just in emphasis to her words, but because he was there... alive... and she wanted nothing more than to hold his hand to be sure she never lost him again. "And Arangoth is enslaved with no love for the Master he has no strength to disobey." Her words were pleading with a near hopelessness of the request. It was one she doubted they could manage. But she knew they had to try.