A start to where?

Stories archived that are no longer relevant.
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Tala Ecarias Mercleis
Character Race: Xodian X Dracokin
Character's Age: 26
Runic Element: Water

Re: A start to where?

Post by Tala Mercleis »

Tala tilted her head to the side as she listened to Mara talk about Legend. She mulled over the tidbit of information, the piece it represented moving around witht he other pieces she did have. She sighed, "it is only a weapon, a powerful weapon, so it would make sense that it would accept who was willing to pick it up as long as they had a drive to succeed and drive out what they believe to be evil."

She frowned as she listened about King Ian, "if Lord Ian just recently passed, it would make sense for other forces to move in and take hold, or strengthen their hold as I believe is really happening." A look of sadness flashed over her face, perhaps she should have traveled to Bellitose, perhaps she could have helped him. The thought passed as quickly as it came, not lodging itself at all. She didn't travel there as she felt no pull, nor knew of him until she read about him in his mother's journal. She sighed, "and, his tomb would be well occupied to say the least, so trying to find any kind of clue or answer would be difficult at best."

Her amethyst eyes focused on Mara's face, "what I truly seek is answers to repair the imbalance. I have some of it in here," She held up her mother's journal, "but it'll take me some time as I am rusty at my Mother's code. Another one of those pieces I think is Legend, but I do not think it is the full answer I am looking for. So to find what I am truly searching, let us go to my father's tomb." She paused and wrinkled her nose, "that just feels weird to say," she shook her head slightly and continued, "It is the best place to start as anywhere else."
Mara
Survivor
Survivor
Character Name: Mara
Character Race: angel - seraphim of Taal
Character's Profession: seraphim of Taal
Character's Age: appears 20
Runic Element: ???

Post by Mara »

Mara smiles faintly, " I believe that your mother felt the same way, that Legend would be but a part of the answer to the problem she saw. Truly I have wondered, what she must have felt, what she must have thought, the first time she laid eyes upon your father. At that time he must have been  known as nothing more than a villian. " She smiles faintly, thinking back upon the paintings she saw. Somehow Taal knew of Tiana long before Tiana was even born, and fell in love with her when he himself were barely a man. " If only what had happened in that world transfered here, so that we'd not be pressed to make the choices that lie before us ."

She walks close to Tala and grabs her hands gently, " Luckily, it is a place that I have visited before. " Mara smiled faintly, " worry not, the tomb stands now empty. But it was were your father was laid to rest, when he fell as the vist victim to the Dark Paralysis ."

Within a twinkle of her pure white eyes the scenery around them had changed, from jungle clearing and swamp wastes to an ancient battlefield baren and dead, with a great temple standing before them. Upon its old marble archway read "The Tomb of Saint Taal Mercleis, Hero and Beholder of Legend". Great massive bronze doors laid before them. " We have arrived ," Mara said softly as she let go of Tala's hands and went to the great doors. Lightly touching them they swung open, revealing a dark corridor with a great room lit by an unknown source at its rear. Within the room laid a stone coffin, its lid broken and moved.

Mara points towards the room, " Come then, Lady Mercleis, and let us see what we can uncover ."
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Tala Mercleis »

Tala's mind went back to what her mother had said about meeting her father face to face the very first time. "She had hated him, thought he was the most vile. And then she found the library, and she realized she had been blind, only seeing part of the whole picture and turning her back on balance for something as petty as vengeance. That is when her mission changed, so she said." She was thoughtful, she had been told the story of how her parents had meet many times.

She was brought back to the present when Mara took her hands and she frowned slightly as she spoke about being to her father's tomb before. She wasn't sure what she meant until suddenly they were standing in a barren battlefield. In a flash she heard echoes of the battle that took place so long ago. So many voices, emotions, she could hear her father, what sounded like possibly Tann though she wasn't as familiar with his voice to be sure. Mara was lost and forgotten for a moment as Tala listened to the echos until Mara opened the doors a sound drew her attention and she focused on Mara and then the doors in front of her.

Tala walked past Mara listening, the sound she heard was a song, but not a song where there were words, and not emotions exactly. She was sure she had heard the song before though, when she was a small child from both her parents. She walked into the large tomb, her footsteps echoing softly. She approached the coffin that she assumed once held her father, the lid broken, but she could see something sticking out from under a piece of one of the lids. She carefully lifted the lid and pulled out a piece of leather, rectangular in shape, about the size of a standard book.

She frowned at it, and looked back at Mara, her head tilting to the side, "do you hear that?" She couldn't pinpoint where the song was coming from, and she glanced back down at the piece of leather seeing that it had drawings on it and then recognized her mother's handwriting.

"Look at this! My mother has been here, but why would she leave a map?"
Mara
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Mara »

Mara turns to Tala, surprised. "A map?" She quickly hurries to her, "But, what could it lead to?" Her eyes widen, "do you think it could lead to Legend?"

Mara spots a figure approaching from behind Tala and the color drains from her face. "Lady Tala," she states as she steps backwards, "We have a visitor."
Spector
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Name: Spector
Character Race: deity
Character's Profession: god of death
Character's Age: unknown

Post by Spector »

"Tala, daughter of Taal," a voice as cold as a shrill call from the grave comes from behind her, "You have finally come, but alas, you have come too late."

Spector stood behind the girl, his black tattered robes hanging upon the void of the unknown, "You have nothing to fear, seraphim of Taal, I've not come for you nor Tala.... well I've not come to ferry you to the beyond."

Spector waits patiently, "The tools of your mother, Tala, the notes and maps that she has left, shall help you no further, for they have already helped another."
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Tala Mercleis »

Tala focused on the map, deciphering her mother's code, "maybe? That's what I'm trying to figure out.." she was cut off by Mara's statement and she turned around when she heard Spector's voice.

Her head tilted to the side, "oh, Hello Spector." She looked back at the map and frowned again, shaking her head slightly, she could still hear that song. "Some one has already found Legend? Well, that is unfortunate, or is it the journals they found?"

I looked around my fathers tomb and back down at the map, to glance at it, it looked like a map of the world, with a mark where Legend supposedly rested but I read more of the writing on the map, "where Taal rests, so does an eye that can see what needs to be seen rests."

I looked back at Spector, "so, if you aren't here to claim either me or Mara back to the realm of the dead, what are you doing here? My parents often told me you watched what mere mortals did, and tried to help keep the balance of life and death, dark and light." I looked back at the map, and again around the room, and suddenly something clicked. I tilted my head to the other side looking at the map and turning it slightly and then walking towards where the X rested on the map. As she did, the song she heard grew slightly louder. In the back of the room, there was small pile of small stones dirt and rubble. Standing in front of the pile she could hear the song clearly now, and she was C ERTAIN she had heard it before, she looked at Mara and Spector each in turn, "do you guys hear that song?"

She turned back to the poile and started rummaging through it, at the bottom of the pile, she found a small leather pouch, she picked up the pouch and she could feel her mom and she smiled faintly. "The map wasn't exactly too Legend, or maybe it was but I think only to some one who didn't really read it." I carefully opened the pouch and tipped it so the contents would fall into my hand. 2 gems fell into my hand, one of them a dark red, and pulsed with a strange power, the other was clear and shaped similar to tear and glowed with a power and the song came from it.

I turned and faced Mara and Spector, "I think my mom had a backup plan incase the worst came to pass," I held open my hand and held up the stones. "I am not sure what these are, but I can feel the power, and one is singing, like sentient singing."
Mara
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Mara »

Mara mouths, ".... Someone has found.... Legend?" Her heart sinks for a moment, afraid of that that meant, and of the war that was to follow. However when Tala found the tear shaped jewel, she ran over to it, a wave of relief washed over her.

"Tala! That is the Sacred Tear! It is connected to the Sol Anon, to Kymara!" She spins on her heels to face Spector, "That means all hope isn't lost! This is a piece of Legend! Whoever found it could not possibly assemble it without this!"

Mara smiles, "We do not have to worry about that sword being used and the ruin it could bring."
Spector
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Spector »

Spector stands there emotionless, if he could even show or feel emotion. He completely ignores Tala's question and addressed Mara, his voice cold and stern, "No Seraphim. Legend requires not the Sacred Tear to be assembled, here in this world. Instead, the Tear would have made Legend safer to those of the light and truth."

Spector continued, "Legend is assembled, and without its moral compass. It is an indiscriminate killing machine, eager to strike down any with fault and completely the slave of he who wields it."

Spector turns his attention back to Tala, "Your mother stands with friends of old fighting the demon Ammon. You shift through the grave of your father. Your father tries to hold at bay the anger and hurt that rises within. Your time may not be now, but at the rate things are transpiring, it is soon approaching."

Spector waves his hand sealing the stone tomb, "Ardatha of Andron has risen upon this world, helped by the First Son, Kamele. He weilds Legend, and has set his cult of religious zealots to torture and burn at the stake any and everyone whom he feels might be connected to Zodo. Ardatha long desires a rematch, determined to defeat the dark god once and for all. To do so, he has set up a display of horror in front of Forsaken, designed to draw your father out into the open."

"Play time is over," Spector states flatly, "decide now what you will do with the time you have left."
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Tala Mercleis »

"When was play time?"  Tala responded.  She did not fear Spector, for she was taught not to fear death.  It was part of the balance of everything so something not to be feared.  Respected in a sense yes, accepted definitely but never feared.  She tilted her head to the side as she thought over Spector's words, "my father stands on the precipice of danger, but so does my mother.  I am but one being I can no go to both at once."

She glanced at the stones in her hand and both glowed brighter, the red stone almost seemed to be swirling like it was made from blood that glowed, while the tear just continued humming, though it was quieter now that she was holding it.  She could feel something like comfort coming from the tear.  What should she do?

She looked back at Spector, "what do you expect me to do?  My family is all I have in this world, though I have stayed in the Chalcedon perhaps foolishly perhaps not, looking for proof they existed and trying to figure out this new world that was foreign and familiar at the same time.  She walked forward, "the only sword that could stand so to speak, against legend is redeemer, and to help my parents I think I need it, though I know not if it will let me even wield it, but perhaps I can take it to the one who can."

She turned to Mara, an apologetic look on her face, "I'm sorry, I had hoped we could stall going to somewhere that brought you sadness, but it seems the hand thats been dealt says other wise."  She placed the 2 gems in the pouch at her waist, and carefully folds the map to place in it as well when writing catches her eye, 'the tear strengthens the blood, and blood holds the key, seek Ithlamar and hope shall be free.'

She didnt pause in her actions and continued placing the map into her pouch and remembered the scale that the demon form of who she suspected was T-Zen gave her.  She may have more pieces than she even thought she did.  She took a deep breath, "I have found what I think I was suppose to find here, now it's to Legend's counterpart.  And then, let us see what awaits for us at that chamber."

Spector
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Spector »

Spector, if he could bear any emotion, he did not show it. He stood there, or floated there, unmoved and unaffected. "Tala, daughter of Taal and Tiana, you seek the path of Ithlamar? And if that path should not open to you? Would you risk the full revival of Taal Zodo to attempt to save your mother and father? The great unbalance?"

Spector floats to Tala, "It is possible that the sacred Redeemer will work for you, but even then you fight against time. Zodo remembers well, and is speeding up all steps to bring about his total control over the mind and body of your father. It is very possible that you will gain control over Ithlamar, and still find yourself too late to save him." Spector pauses for a moment, "Should Taal Zodo come to be, it will not be like before. You know this already. Zodo will not risk a chance of loosing control of Taal this time. You must know the truth of Zodo's plan."

An image of Chalcedonia, the continent on which they stand, forms before them. Black spots begin forming all over the map, "Like a cancer, despair spreads, and it is by despair that Zodo feeds and strengthens. Despair, guilt, apathy, vengeance. Zodo has set in motion a grand scheme. Eleusia has fallen to a worshipper of Zodo, Camphera, who makes it ready for the demon prince that is soon to come... Legion of Destruction. Eyros Knell of Death has begun building his fortress in the frozen plains to the north of Angeria. Rockcastle Ruins stir, whispers of Belthazaar of Disorder taking it as a residence is spreading. Ardatha is fueling this disorder with Kamele in Angeria, all the while Zodo has made a devilish plan to destroy the sword Legend once and for all."

Spector waves his staff and the image disappears, "If you succeed quick enough, maybe you can save your father. If not, you must prepare to seal him, as was done in times of old, before Zodo can awaken. To seal him, and never see him again. Do you have the heart and will to do this, Tala?"